Friday, February 25, 2022

Focus on Peace

Just yesterday I was at war with terrorist.

I stood and watched two twin towers fall while eating on my ship.

Today I sit and watch war again.

I’ve grown to hate war.

My entire life has been bombarded with street violence. 

I’ve witnessed my family and friends all die from drugs and violence, black and white.

It’s become a cult that is too ignorant to cure.

By God’s grace I made it out of the war on terror.

It is very hard for me to see people suffer so I write and create to keep my mind off of this evil that has chased me my entire life.

I’ve chosen to live a life of peace now but seeing war constantly in circulation and seeing the continued state of my people I don’t know how my life will end.

It’s a jungle out here and everyone is fighting for a piece of the pie.

There are simple things in life that we all take for granted, and just like most soldiers I tried the love, marriage, and church life but ended up getting burned.

I am a black man and I’ve come to learn that every year I’m being called something new by whomever, so I’ve learned to leave that topic alone.

Getting older and wiser, I really wish that people would learn to take a breath, listen to what other people have to say. Learn to share, learn to laugh, learn to stop destroying precious things that other people spent their entire lives creating.

Just like most common sense thinkers, and creative people, I’ve learned that perfection is impossible and everyone is not like me. Deep inside we’re all lost trying to feel like winners.

Seeing people die has really worn me out, but just like years ago, as a young sailor, I too must carry-on. Most of the doctors who helped me get well are probably dead now, but everyday I wake up their story lives on.

My friend, if you’re reading this, take the time to value peace.

Take the time to listen…

Take the time to learn new things…

Explore and enjoy whatever it is that you have that frees your mind.

Focus in closely and you may find peace.

Focus in on its beauty, no one is inferior when feeling it’s neutral force.

Focus on Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment