Sunday, September 6, 2020

Searching for a Story

 Oh, I searched here and there...

I searched everywhere...

Under the table, on TV, by the bed...

The paper, the news, and even the pews...

I couldn’t find a story anywhere...

The kids on the corner, yes they were playing, but I told that story last week...

A new crusade to take over the world, oh, I told that story too...

Hmmm, what will I write about today?

I could write about myself, but who wants to hear about a little lonely man whose life is full of ups and downs...

I could write about my turtle or past relationships but my turtle is dead and I failed at every relationship...

I could write about my exotic fantasies, but that’s nasty too rated R, they’ll never look at me the same after that story...

I could write about the president, but I’ll be dead in a week with that story, one of his followers might catch me slipping—when I’m getting my hair done or something.

Well, I guess I’ll just make something up...

Yep, that’s what I’m going to do, I’m going to make something up.

I’ll call the story: “Dee Dee and the giant candy cane.”

It’ll be about a little girl who creates her very own holiday. 

Woe, I think I got something here.


No comments:

Post a Comment