Sunday, September 20, 2020

Prison

 My yes is what put me in front of the judge, what I failed to realize was that I did have a choice, or did I? In my heart I know I’m innocent but the truth is that I was cursed from birth. I was born to an unmarried mother whose highest form of education was high school. Wealth to me was a brand new plastic teething ring. Yes, it’s true that freedom is good but at this moment I know my life is over. My life will never be the same, I gave in to the woes of life and I killed the man who beat the only woman who’d ever really cared about me. While they prepared my cage, I heard my mother scream just like I’d heard my entire childhood. I would beg for mercy but like so many who’ve lost their freedom, I’d died in the jungle the moment my ancestors and I were put in chains. God be with me, good bye mom. I hope to see you in 25 years. From the jungle to a warm house now to a cage, the only person who ever saw me as a human being was you mom. I’m sure you named me Judah for a reason, your king sent from God, born to protect you, now has a number on his back. I did it for you.

Prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment