Saturday, June 27, 2020

Redemption

Here I am, lost inside of an hourglass.
I feel so sick, and I have no clue what the doctor just prescribed for me.
I vomited all over the floor, I even slipped and fell in it. I’m sick, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I somehow keep falling into the same pit, but for some reason after I let it all out, I feel much better now. I’m glade someone from the hospital cleaned up my mess. I’m now lying here in a hospital bed watching the hours tick away. I’ve failed again and no one wants to save me. I’m so lost, but I swear I know the way. I got myself into a scuffle that seems impossible to win. My choices will now decide my fate. Am I an angel, kicked out of the kingdom? Does the data of scientists show that my odds of winning are slim? I don’t remember who it was that brought my kids up here to see me but it was great. My son called me dad. At sunrise I promise I’ll get this right, only I can do this, I just have to take it one day at a time. I’ll count the days of my progress and win this fight. I would love to tell you what I’m struggling with but you might judge me. I know I need help, but there’s a voice in my head telling me that I’m on my own. I must travel the path less taken.
Redemption.

No comments:

Post a Comment