Friday, February 21, 2020

Cut & Benched Community Basketball

I hate sports but for some reason I get this itch to play all the time. Being a late bloomer to the sports culture, I’ve never really been excepted on any ball field except track maybe. Realizing that most athletes hate rejection I decided to start my own league. No referees, and the players called their own calls and if no one showed up, no body played and no money spent. One Saturday we got about three teams, there was blood and sweat all over the floor, this was old school basketball with a touch of UFC. Bodies were being dragged off of the court, these were players who were tired of being rejected, this was their NBA. The grand prize was a trophy from my buddy Shawn’s trophy shop, everyone thought that Shawn was a loose cannon from being cut and benched his whole life also. After facing the wrath of concerned parents somehow the league survived. This was the league where everyone was welcomed. This was Cut & Benched Community Basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment