Sunday, October 13, 2019

Nowhere to run

Well, I don’t know what to say, but it often feels like someone’s chasing me...
I ran in the house, through the back yard and into the park...
I ran as fast as I could, I ran through the grass, dodging trees...
No time to rest, they’re chasing me in my dreams...
What do they want from me?
Could it be just a part of my imagination?
Every time I feel like I’ve taken two strides, here they come, right behind me...
Just when I thought I saw the finish line, I wasn’t even close...
I’m afraid to look back so I keep running, I’m certain that someone’s chasing me...
Staying in my lane, I realize that I’ve been running in circles...
I’m getting exhausted, tired, so tired of running...
Why won’t they leave me alone?
I stop to take a breath, I’ve got nowhere to run...
I look around to face my opponents, they’re not even close.
I take a look at my watch, I’ve hit record time.
The race is over.
1st place.
Nowhere to run but to the gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment