Thursday, April 25, 2019

The day when nothing happened

It was a rainy day and I had just finished making my signature peace t-shirt. I marveled at the black and white designs trimmed with fluorescent colors. After all of the hard work, I turned on the radio and noticed that nothing was on, it was just air. I turned on the TV and saw only static. I went outside and noticed people just sitting on their porches...
"What in the world is going on?" I asked myself softly not expecting an answer.
I then grabbed my keys and jumped in the car; driving down the street I noticed all of the city political leaders and justice officials sitting eating barbecue with gang members. I drove by the military base in town and say all of the ships docked. Every military plane was on deck.
"What in God's name is going on?" I kept repeating to myself.
Realizing that things had taken an odd turn, I was spellbound when I saw all the religious leaders of every faith in town sitting outside of a church playing corn-hole.
From a distance I noticed the local gun store had chains on it, everyone had given in, they all threw in the towel.
Submitting to the movement, I went home, put my t-shirt on and jaywalked across the street and had me a piece of barbecue with my neighbors.
There were no more clouds in the sky.

The day when nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment