Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Keep Trying

In my worn state of mind, I fall victim to the obvious quite often. I too, have seen failure. On a rainy day I see four children outside practicing dance steps. I'm assuming they must be preparing for an event. Me and my friend Jenn continue to sit on the porch and watch them dancing in the rain. After falling several times, they spot Jenn on the porch. They then walk over to my friend Jenn and ask her if she would train them. I guess they had heard about her after hearing that she was a local legend. Jenn, in her now older age, said no. From a small distance, I watched as the children proceeded to keep practicing. Feeling the magic of the situation, I proceeded over to Jenn.
"That used to be you," I said to her with supreme empathy for the children.
When Jenn heard those words, her heart became open to the future. She proceeded over to the children and began to teach them and they continued dancing.
It was their desire to not let her down.
It was their desire to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment