Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Apostle

PAUL
What can we do with no money Jim? You can't run a church with no money.

JIM
Just preach from your home. I've heard of stories where people preach from their homes all the time and grow to a church.

PAUL
Jim you must think I'm crazy. If I do that, I be better off setting up an alter in the middle of the street.

JIM
Paul...look at you. Your falling apart. Do something different. Don't you think people are tired of hearing about things pertaining to scripture.

PAUL
You a damn fool Jim. If you think I'm gone let you snake your way in here and talk me out of my calling you got another thing coming.

JIM
Paul I think your sick and I'm the only friend man enough to tell you. If you think some God is gone come from the sky and save us from this pit, than you just as dumb as the sheep you trying to lead.

PAUL
(Rushing over to get in Jim's face.)
I will shove my fist so far down your throat, don't you talk to me like I'm some rookie preacher! You understand me boy?

JIM
(Punches Paul in the face. Paul falls to the floor)
Your a crazy old maniac...You hear me...Your a Jesus freak Paul and that is all you will ever be! A washed up, dead country boy with not a soul left to help you!(He walks out)

PAUL
(Laying on the floor Paul doesn't know what to do. After sleeping it off he notices it's Sunday morning. He gets up and finds the nearest church he can and walks in while they are worshiping. He walks up in the pulpit and takes the microphone from the Reverend.)
Hello everyone my name is Paul. I got up this morning and I felt like preaching. I got knocked out last night but the word got me up this morning. My best friend left me. He told me I was a crazy old maniac and a Jesus freak because I wanted to preach the word of God. I want you all to know that God gave me a message this morning. He told me that when you got nothing left. When all the chips are stacked against you. When devils all over count you out. Get up and tell your testimony. Tell them about a God who will not leave you. Tell them about a God who can heal you. Tell them about a God so holy that he made a place for you to preach the word. I want you to listen to me folks. Any place I would have went in town. They would have dragged me out by now and called the cops. But because you let me get this far, because you let me say what was on my mind. I'm gone join this church and worship here until I die. Why, because I'm an Apostle for the Living God! Do we serve a living God?

THE CHURCH SAID AMEN!  THE CHURCH SAID AAAAAAAMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment