- A good microphone
- Audio interface or mixer to adjust sound levels
- Control surface
- About 40 audio cables, mandatory: 10 stereo 5 mono and 5 stereo to mono 5 XLR cables
- Computer and two computer monitors with a good sound card or fire wire system.
- Two Monitors for instruments and two smaller monitors for vocals
- Sound padding and foam for the both and sound room.
- Audio Snake to plug in the microphone to the audio devices etc.
- A good microphone stand.
- Patch bay just in case you have to hook up more audio devices.
- Surge suppressor for electrical plugins.
- A studio command system, preferably a Big Knob.
- Hard drive for memory
- A good computer mouse.
- Audio Software
- Beat making software
- A production keyboard
- Pop filter for the microphone
- Some USB cables and adapters
- And a studio engineer if you are not one yourself
- There are other things you can add. Consult with your local music store for additional items like keyboards etc.
Friday, March 27, 2015
What you need for your own Music Studio:
Here is a list of what you should have for your own Music Studio: